Monday, August 25, 2014

Richard Attenborough: Spielberg and Hollywood pay homage – Le Figaro

The director and several Hollywood celebrities have expressed to honor the memory of the filmmaker, died Sunday at age 90.

If Richard Attenborough doubled Spielberg and AND . at the Oscars in 1983 with Gandhi, the filmmakers never stopped being friends. The director who gave the British actor died Sunday the role of scientific creator of Jurassic Park in 1993 wanted to pay tribute to a “dear friend.” “Dickie Attenborough was passionate about everything that made his life – family, friends, country and his career. He made a gift to the world with its epic Gandhi and it was the perfect ringmaster to bring dinosaurs back to life as John Hammond in Jurassic Park (… ). I am one of those who completely loved it, “he has said.

While they could have been cold because of that famous ceremony of 1983, the two men are forged a strong friendship, which had begun at the Oscars ceremony. “Steven and I were placed opposite the room, and when the winner was announced after all the talk, I literally had to be nudged. I could not believe it “, said Attenborough in 1997, interviewed for a biography of Spielberg. “I did not go on the podium, I went to Spielberg. He got up, I put my arms around him and I said, ‘This is not right, it should have been yours. “” A gesture that director ET will never be forgotten.

Other tributes were added to that of the director. “He put me in absolute confidence and in return I placed absolute trust in him and I learned to love it,” said Ben Kingsley, who held the title role of the multi-Oscar winner Gandhi. Mara Wilson, who played alongside Attenborough Miracle on 34th Street (1994), described it as “the only Santa Claus which (she) thought” and “a wonderful man.” “I’m still in shock. May he rest in peace, “she added on Twitter.

Dylan McDermott, who also starred in the film, he was the “Best Father Christmas.”

For those fond memories add comments from other figures of cinema as Mia Farrow, who praised “a prince “and” the nicest man with whom (she) had the privilege of working. “

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment