Thursday, June 2, 2016

Prince is dead of an overdose – The Point

The American singer Prince has died from an overdose of Fentanyl, a powerful opiate painkiller, said Thursday the Forensic Institute, confirming what had become the preferred hypothesis to explain the sudden death of American singer . Information revealed few minutes after the American press revealed that the death of the artist was due to an overdose of opiate drugs. Initially, the Forensic Institute of the northern United States had assured that the autopsy findings would not be published Thursday.

Fentanyl is a painkiller considered 50 to 100 times potent than morphine, according to US centers control and disease prevention (CDC). It is most often used for chronic pain, usually in cases where other pain treatments do not work or more. In late May, the Minneapolis Star Tribune had reported that the singer was taking a prescribed withdrawal treatment with a Minnesota doctor, began in the weeks preceding his death. A Californian specialist addictions, Californian Dr. Howard Kornfeld, has also revealed he was contacted by the entourage of Prince the day of death, to seek his services. Unable to immediately go to Chanhassen, where Paisley Park, musician residence, he had sent his son there. The latter arrived on site the morning of April 21 and discovered, with members of the entourage of the singer Prince died in a lift of the residence.

Permanent Pain

the reasons that led Prince to begin taking painkillers are not yet established, but are the subject of many rumors. Some sites sensation evoked a long illness, which would have pushed the singer to powerful painkillers. The singer and harvester Sheila E., Prince old accomplice who was his mentor, has she told the CBS that the accumulation of the artist’s concerts had achieved physically. “He hurt all the time, but it was a + performer +” Has she said, recalling that Prince had a habit of jumping off the raised center stage parts, while being systematically equipped with heels. According to several media, extravagant musician, often demonstrative on stage, suffered particularly from the hip. During his last public appearances, the artist had raised no concerns about his health. But six days before his death, Prince was taken to hospital after the emergency landing of his private plane on a small Illinois airport because of discomfort. Opiates, painkillers that contain a derivative of opium, are responsible for a wave of overdoses hit the US for several years.

In 2014, 14,000 people died of overdoses involving these drugs, according to the CDC. The increase in overdoses is due “essentially” the Fentanyl smuggling developed in clandestine laboratories, according to the CDC, citing police reports. A study in 2014 by the federal agency of addictions (SAMHSA), 4.3 million Americans aged at least twelve consuming painkillers without medical indication. Six weeks after his death, the passion for the music of Prince has waned somewhat, but the album “Purple Rain” remains in twelfth position in sales in the US, according to Billboard. Mid-May, no fewer than 19 albums of the artist were included in the ranking of the 200 best sellers in the US, a record.


No comments:

Post a Comment