Sunday, May 17, 2015

Cannes: the France competes with “My king,” the story of a … – Liberation

The Cannes Film Festival has hosted Sunday “My King” Maïwenn, scalpel narrative of a destructive passion with Vincent Cassel and Emmanuelle Bercot, and a first French film competition this year particularly rich in feature films tricolor.

“My King,” the fourth film of the actress-director Maïwenn 39 years – after “Pardon me,” “Le Bal actresses” and “Poliss” the brigade of repression of the miners, who had won the Jury Prize at Cannes in 2011 -. excessive tells a love story between a lawyer, Tony (Emmanuelle Bercot) and Georgio (Vincent Cassel), a seductive and smooth talker

Tony, who is found after a skiing accident in a rehabilitation center, where she began to rebuild, remembers this vibrant passion but sweltering she lived.

The film, co-written by Etienne Comar ( writer of “Of Men and Gods”), alternating sequences in central and flashbacks, making him ten years of account of the life of this couple.

Maïwenn plunges arm-le- bodies in their intimacy, love and dazzling full exaltation fantasy debut of slow disintegration of their relationship, amid antidepressants, neuroses, excesses of all kinds, separations and reunions, scenes hysterical household and declarations of love tumultuous.

“The love story is a movie I’m just rewriting the past ten years,” Maïwenn told at the press conference for the film.

“Lately I have a friend who told me she had an accident and his stay in a rehabilitation center, and it fascinated me. I also wanted to make a movie. (…) So I told myself that I would make two films in one, “said she said with humor.

” This will give my female character a step back on the ten years she spent, “she continued, noting that the film told the story of” a woman who rebuilt his body “

-. ‘Total freedom’ –

The characters are interpreted with convincing energy by Vincent Cassel and Emmanuelle Bercot, a woman who struggles to try to save a relationship she knows bad for her. She insists, despite the advice of his brother (Louis Garrel), whose partner is interpreted by Isild Le Besco, sister of the director.

“I thought it was too heavy can -be for my shoulders “to play this role, explained Emmanuelle Bercot at the press conference.

The actress, also director of the opening film of the festival” The head-up “and who had co-written “Poliss” with “Maïwenn,” said to have had “hesitations of fear” before accepting to play this woman, whose physical and mental pain is exposed and dissected in the movie.

“The shooting of the film was very physical,” has given his side Vincent Cassel, also in competition at Cannes with another film, “Tale of Tales” by Italian director Matteo Garrone.

He said that the players had “taken long improvisation led” to this film. “I found myself on a lot that I did not know, that of freedom – in any case apparent – total”, he has said

The film was screened Sunday morning. the press in presence of Prime Minister Manuel Valls. “Hard not to get upset after that time full of emotion,” said the Prime Minister, came to Cannes for a conference on copyright.

Five French films in competition this year in Cannes, including another directed by a woman, “Marguerite and Julien” by Valérie Donzelli, alongside “Dheepan” by Jacques Audiard, “The law of the market” by Stéphane Brizé and “The Valley of Love” Guillaume Nicloux.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment