Sunday, March 20, 2016

Mireille Mathieu mourns his mother – Le Figaro

DISAPPEARANCE – It is with emotion that the singer has announced the death of Marcelle-Sophie Mathieu, on Sunday March 20 in Avignon (Vaucluse). She was 94 years old.

The first day of spring will be a sad day for Mireille Mathieu. The singer announced that her mother, Marcelle-Sophie Mathieu, died Sunday morning in Avignon (Vaucluse) at the age of 94. Born in December 1921, Marcelle-Sophie Poirier, hospitalized for several days, died of a pulmonary embolism.

She had attended almost every concert of his daughter in France and abroad since the inception of the singer in 1964. At each recital, Mireille Mathieu invited his mother to go on stage, time a standing ovation, both in France and abroad, including in Russia, Germany, China, Japan, and most recently in Lebanon in July.

For the fans, the mother of the artist is as famous as his daughter, and he would frequently sign autographs alongside her daughter.

“My mom is very happy to come with me on tour. I present it on stage. I must say, in terms of business, my mom “rocks the house.” It happens and it’s a standing ovation. Fans know my story, my fairy tale, and they have a lot of respect for my mom, “recently told the singer celebrated his 50-year career in 2014.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment