Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Femina 2015: the prize awarded to Christophe Boltanski for “Cache” – Le Point

The Prix Femina in 2015 was awarded to journalist Christophe Boltanski for his first novel, The Cache (Stock), announced Wednesday the jury of this award exclusively female. The price of the Femina foreign novel was awarded the Scottish novelist Kerry Hudson for The water color (Philippe Rey). Christophe Boltanski, reporter for The Obs , received 7 votes in the second ballot for this novel about his Jewish family who lived collapsed on itself after the trauma of World War II.

“It’s amazing. It’s breathtaking. I am extremely excited. I think of my family, because my book is about my family, I also think of my grandmother who was a novelist. I wanted to tell the story of a confinement, that of a family living in an apartment welded, cemented by fear and trying to recreate a world of freedom and joy, “said the author of the announcement its price.

An absolutely brilliant family and neurotic

Son of the sociologist Luc Boltanski, nephew of the artist Christian Boltanski, Christophe Boltanski, 53, invites us to follow her into the house he grew up to tell the story of his family, absolutely brilliant and neurotic, marked by the Second World War and its attendant horrors.

Last year the Femina prize was awarded to the ‘Haitian Yanick Lahens for moon Bain (Sabine Wespieser) and foreign Femina was awarded to the Israeli Zeruya Shalev, for What remains of our lives (Gallimard) .

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment