Saturday, December 10, 2016

Nobel: Bob Dylan’s “honored” to receive this award – The Figaro

Bob Dylan, winner of the Nobel literature laureate who has not moved to Stockholm on Saturday to receive his award, said he is “honored” by the award in a speech that was read at the conclusion of the banquet Nobel by the Us ambassador in Sweden. “If someone had told me that I had the slightest chance of winning the Nobel prize, I would have thought that my chances were as large as on the moon,” wrote the American, the first songwriter to receive the award.

This speech is the first in which he thanked formally the Swedish Academy has awarded the Nobel prize, a bold choice that had surprised the cultural community, accustomed to making decisions more conventional. “Not once I had time to ask me what my songs are from the literature?”, said Dylan, noting that there was “really no words to describe the honor to see his name join those of previous winners such as Rudyard Kipling, Albert Camus or Hemingway.

The absence of Dylan at the awards ceremony has caused much ink to flow. He had profusely apologized, claiming to “other commitments”. The singer Patti Smith has interpreted one of its songs, “A Hard Rain’s A-Gonna Fall”, that she has to interrupt before to apologize for his emotion, and resumed, encouraged by the applause of the assembly.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment