140 names were unveiled from the archives of the Panamanian firm Mossack Fonseca, who leaked as part of the planetary case of tax evasion named “Panama Papers”.
France, a thousand people have resorted to Mossack Fonseca services over the period concerned by the documents (1977-2015), said Elise Lucet on RTL Monday . His magazine Cash Investigation is part of the media with access to the complete files.
LIVE & gt; & gt; Panama Papers: revelations of a huge scandal of tax evasion
Cahuzac, Platini Balkany …
Among the politicians and close to those in power, a name appears: that of former Minister of Budget Jerome Cahuzac , who resigned in 2013 after revelations about his overseas accounts and the investigation that the aims for tax evasion. “Jerome Cahuzac’s lawyer said that his client reserved his explanations for his trial scheduled in September 2016,” says Le Monde .
Michel Platini , a Swiss resident, UEFA suspended for an alleged corruption case, also appears in the files of Panamanian society to have power of attorney over a company named Balney Enterprises Corp. In the world of football, Argentina Lionel Messi is quoted. It would have opened an account Offshore when the Spanish tax authorities began to show interest in his business.
world cinema personalities Some are also mentioned, like the Spanish director Pedro Almodóvar and his brother Agustin, as indicated by the Spanish newspaper El Mundo . The actor Jackie Chan is also part of the list, as a shareholder of six companies based in the tax haven of the British Virgin Islands.
Jérôme Fenoglio, the editor of Le Monde which participated with a hundred other media in the survey mentioned that Monday morning on France Inter involvement a “great French national party” . He also mentioned the name of Syrian President Bashar Assad , who allegedly used the accounts Offshore to circumvent international sanctions consecutive to the war in Syria.
magazine Cash Investigation Mossack Fonseca, also mentions the deputy mayor of Levallois-Perret, Patrick Balkany , and the man Franco-Israeli businessman Patrick Drahi (owner Altice Media Group, shareholder of L’Express). Regarding the latter, no details are given about their involvement. He also cites the Societe Generale , which “still manages dozens of shell companies in tax havens.”
Another French involved is the French architect Patrick Henri Devillers associated with the wife of a former Chinese official, Bo Xilai.
Twelve heads of state and government
Twelve Heads of State and Government contained in the documents. Some of them are currently in operation: Argentine President Mauricio Macri , Icelandic Prime Minister Davíð Sigmundur Gunnlaugsson , Saudi king Salman Al Saud , Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko and United Arab Emirates President Khalifa bin Zayed .
All companies have registered Offshore in a tax haven by Mossack Fonseca says Le Monde . Offshore companies that are not necessarily linked to illegal activities, even if the tax fraud suspicion is heavy.
Relatives of prominent political figures
– In Europe, the father’s name to David Cameron (deceased in 2010 ), the wife of the European climate Commissioner Micaela Domecq Solis Beaumont, and sister the former king of Spain Pilar de Borbon, also appear in Mossack Fonseca archives.
– Relatives of Russian President Vladimir Putin , helped by banks and other companies are involved in a diversion of some 2 billion dollars using front companies, thus obtaining the media to influence and the automotive industry. The Kremlin has accused the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (ICIJ) have launched an “information campaign” misleading.
– The revelations affect all continents. the private secretary of Mohammed VI , Morocco’s king, an aide to former Ivorian President Laurent Gbagbo , a nephew of South African President Zuma , or the daughter of Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif , and brother-in-law of Chinese President Xi Jinping . No American politician not listed, however.
– son of Congolese President Denis Sassou Nguesso and several other son of African personalities appear in the “Panama papers”. Politician and businessman Denis-Christel Sassou Nguesso, nicknamed “Kiki oil” in Brazzaville, including MP is Oyo in the north of the country, Deputy Director General of the National Society of the Congo oils reminds Le Monde .
– The names the son of Kofi Annan , former Secretary General of the UN, John Kufuor, Ghana’s former president (2011-2009), also appear in the “Panama papers”. Other personalities, like Algerian Minister of Industry Abdeslam Bouchouareb , a Rwandan general and the twin sister of the President of the Democratic Republic of Congo Joseph Kabila, are also cited.
Banks and business leaders
More 500 banks , subsidiaries and branches worked with Mossack Fonseca from the 1970 to help their customers manage offshore companies. More than 1,100 companies have been set up via UBS and over 2300 through HSBC and its subsidiaries.
29 billionaires on the list of Forbes of the richest people in the world are mentioned.
And crime money
The law firm of Panamanian lawyers worked with at least 33 individuals and companies on the blacklist United States because of links maintained with Mexican drug lords, terrorist organizations or rogue states, including North Korea.
Among the firm’s clients also included officials Ponzi schemes (a scam system) tax evaders and a man American businessman sentenced for going to Russia to have sex with minors orphans.
The files identify a person who claimed to have organized a campaign of illegal payments to the tune of 50,000 dollars to pay the Watergate burglars in the US.
Post a Comment