Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Mercenary : “rugby has a potential cinematic huge” – AlloCiné

Meeting with Sacha Wolff, director of the film powerful Mercenary, noticed at the directors ‘ Fortnight and at the Angoulême Festival this year. The film offers a dive in the raw state in the middle of the rugby pacific…

With Merc, Sacha Wolff, director of this first feature-length film powerful, put at the forefront of rugby players from Wallis and Futuna. History : Soane, a young Wallisian, brave the authority of his father to go play rugby in france. Delivered to him-even to the other end of the world, his odyssey led him to become a man in a universe that does not offer success without compromise.

In our video interview above, filmmaker explains why film the world of rugby has a “potential film huge“, while stating its intentions and its influences.

Festival Angoulême 2016 : My life as a zucchini and a Mercenary to the list

Movie shock, Sacha Wolff has also explained his report to the violence, to the darkness : “I had wanted to confront this violence. I want to go out in the darkness. It does not remain smooth. I wanted to go in the bumps, in what there could be rough. But I also want to contrast, as the film is not a kind of brick that we take on the walk. I love japanese cinema, for example, in the films of Kurosawa, there are often moments of comedy that contrast. Or in star wars for example. It is the same. The sequences with the robots are the times when we get fed up.”

And to add : “I didn’t have the will to truly shock. After that, I think that this is incredible in the film, it is that it is a space of freedom in which we can offer points of view that are radically different from what is presented elsewhere. As to the question of violence, in my relationship with the cinema there are many movies that I have extremely pronounced when I was young, films that are fairly violent. I realized little by little that there was something in there that could have existed in the film is extremely interesting.

Mercenary, Sacha Wolff, currently displayed.

Mercenary – EXTRACT “They are where your bags ?”

interview at the Cannes film Festival 2016

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment