Zosia Mamet, Lena Dunham, Allison Williams, Jemima Kirke – Ivan Nikolov/WENN.com

Jemima Kirke is one of the pillars of the series Girls, created by her friend Lena Dunham, and yet, his character would have disappeared after the first season of the show. In fact, as she explained during a roundtable for the magazine Glamour, she announced to Lena Dunham that she had made the decision not to renew his contract. “The idea of who I was and what I really wanted at that time was very low. I wasn’t really sure what I was doing, ” she confided, as well as the reports Vulture.

on his side, Lena Dunham has clarified that the actress told him of his decision only a few days before the filming of season 2. “I remember that I was in a taxi when Jemima called me. She said : “I have to tell you something. This is not serious. I don’t want you to flippes. I want to leave the series”, explained the creator of the show.

Jemima Kirke was also uncomfortable with the fact that Lena Dunham is inspired by her daily life, and therefore of their relationship, to change the characters of the series. As she had said in the podcast Women of the Hour, “it had the feeling of being turned into a caricature” and ended by asking if his girlfriend saw it ” really like it “.

>> also read : “Girls,” “While We’re Young”, “Star Wars”: Who are you Adam Driver?

in The end, Jemima Kirke is present in all the seasons of the series. Proof that Lena Dunham was able to find the words to convince her to stay.

key Words :