Wednesday, August 10, 2016

S.O.S. Ghosts: director Paul Feig answers questions from users – Screenrush

Paul Feig, director and co-writer of S.O.S. Ghosts, on screens this Wednesday, met with Screenrush to answer questions that we have sent to us. Haters, reboot, marketing … Paul Feig answered you!

Internet Question: It is said that the actresses are cheaper to Hollywood. Is this why you have chosen to make a female reboot? Why this choice

Paul Feig, director and co-writer: The original film was great: great idea. It worked. And why it worked, it was these four guys and great cast. They were very funny. It was the funniest guy of the moment. And when it came to me, I thought it was also necessary that I find the “dream team”. It is the funniest people I know are women of great actresses with whom I had worked. So, let’s go, let the funniest team possible

Screenrush: One important thing to stress can be again on this film: it is not a after. In a way, you start the story. Can you explain what this film is related to the previous ones?

The film is not related to the previous. It’s a real reboot. We start from scratch in a world that would never have seen the ghost of attack, where acune paranormal activity has been proven. a team we see form for the first time. We see their technology to be developed as the proton pack.

Internet Question: The film is supposed to be a reboot but the trailer explains that 30 years ago, scientists have been trying to save the world. Is it a marketing mistake?

Now that’s a loaded question! The studio was eager to position themselves so that the public does not believe that we were like other movies did not exist, but at the same time, the film is a reboot. We must recognize that it can create confusion. But then, that’s how

Screenrush: In a previous interview, you said that you did not want “dirty” the previous films, you had respect for franchise. What did you mean by “dirty”?

If you are following and it does not work, it affects the foregoing. Or, you can say “these films are unique, we do not touch” and say “make a new one, following the same principle, but separated from the other.” For me it was the most respectful way and say ‘I love these films, do a new one for the new generations, but with our own eyes. “

of Internet Question: You said those who did not like the trailer of the movie they were sexist or misogynist Is it possible not to love your movie without being qualified as

I did not say it like that’s what happens. the media tends to make shortcuts But what I said from the beginning is that I understand that. people are straight, some are even very unhappy that we make a remake or a reboot, or touched with a classic. If it was not me who made the film, I’d be too nervous. But there is also a minority of people, misogynist, who wrote to me horrible things about Twitter for 2 years. They opposed a project with women. But I never said that people who do not like this trailer are sexist. But those who go against women, against my casting, by attacking them, those there are sexist

Screenrush:. Always about the “haters” in the film, there a quote Melissa McCarthy, against the haters. Are you affected by this? Do you pay attention to these messages or you prefer not to read?

For a long time, and until recently I never blocked anyone would, because I want to know what people think, what can the disappoint, what they do not like. But at the same time I’m human. It pains me when people attack me. Mainly because they attack something they do not know. I know what they say is false because I know how the movie. So yes, there are two small moments in the film against haters. We had even considered more, but it was enough; we did not need more. I do not want to overemphasize the haters. Because, honestly, it is only a small fraction of the population. But that’s the problem with the Internet: those who shout loudest is heard

The video interview.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment