Thursday, July 2, 2015

End of “Puppets”: Pierre Lescure slams the door of Havas – Le Point

The former president of Canal + Pierre Lescure has resigned from the Board of Directors of Havas advertising group to protest against the wish lent Vincent Bolloré to remove the satirical program Les Guignols de l’info Canal + has he said in an interview Thursday in the Voices and broadcast online. “I resigned from Havas heard the news that there was a threat of suppression of the show,” says Pierre Lescure about rumors that the boss of Vivendi, Vincent Bolloré, which some would taste outspokenness puppet Canal +, has decided to put them in retirement.

This possibility, unconfirmed for now, has been mentioned by several media Wednesday and caused support for many reactions, both social networks as from the political world. “Yesterday (Wednesday), I started to retweet tweets talking about the possible stop of the show and then I told myself that I could not decently do so, and so I resigned,” reveals Pierre Lescure, who was CEO of Canal + between 1994 and 2002 before being landed by Jean-Marie Messier, then head of Vivendi.

“It is also to have, if any, freedom of m ‘ speak. I hope I will not have to do this … “added the current President of the Cannes Festival about his resignation from the Board of Directors of Havas, which Vincent Bolloré group is the main shareholder and Chairman of the Supervisory Board. The Bolloré Group also owns 60% stake in Havas. Pierre Lescure was also a relative of the former director of Canal + programs, Alain de Greef, died Monday, which was behind the creation of the Puppets of info in 1988. Airing of Monday to Friday, in clear and public, for seven minutes (with a weekly summary on Sundays), the satirical program employs 300 people.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment