The new film by Xavier Dolan, just the end of the world, with its cast 5 stars, arrives today in competition at the Cannes Film Festival. The filmmaker he will again capture the hearts of festival? First impressions.
what is it about?
Adapted from the eponymous play by Jean-Luc Lagarce, film tells the afternoon with the family of a young writer who, after 12 years of absence, returns to his native village to announce to his approaching death.
In order to silence the outset the most jaded, Thierry Fremaux has insisted on: “it is only the second time Xavier Dolan is competing.” in fact, if one of the darlings of the Croisette, which hosted almost all its films or parallel section Un Certain Regard (only Tom at the farm is missing), the Quebec filmmaker could compete for the Palme d’or in 2014 with Mommy. By unanimity, his masterpiece was a time the favorite of the Festival before returning with the Right Honourable Jury Prize, tied with Farewell to Language Godard. Having himself been a jury member last year, Dolan arrives at Cannes this year with Just the end of the world, adaptation of the eponymous play by Jean-Luc Lagarce, led by the cream of French cinema, Marion Cotillard Lea Seydoux via Nathalie Baye, Vincent Cassel and Gaspard Ulliel. A five star cast that will be the young “prodigy” the highly anticipated Palme d’Or.
The reason to see the movie
- for the purposes of staging Xavier Dolan: once again, Xavier Dolan is amazing inventiveness, each of its planes full of ideas, finds
- to its all star cast
- for the original band with original compositions by Gabriel Yared, but also some unexpected songs like Dragostea Din Tei Ozone!
- for the emotional rollercoaster which we invite Xavier Dolan
The tweets review
- Renan Cros / CinémaTeaser: “Just the end of the world so the first movie “adult” by Xavier Dolan. a film of the post, a strange film that shakes everything in its path starting with Dolan himself. Difficult to love and yet heady, ambitious and perhaps clumsy the film has some thing less immediate than the previous but perhaps yet more decisive “ Lire Full Review
- Marilyne Letertre / MetroNews: “Too many effects kills the effect Xavier: charging the musical score, refusing silence , to abuse of figures of speech, kissing too often hysteria, he asphyxiation his story. “ Lire Full Review
- Isabelle Regnier / Le Monde: “ Dolan, also has the elegance to offer its viewers glimpses fanciful as this choreography (very badly) improvised by Léa Seydoux and Nathalie Baye the sound of an old O-zone tube (collector), or the luminous reminiscence caused by the discovery in the shed, old mattresses that once greeted his love with Peter, said Joli-Coeur. “Lire Full Review
- Odile Tremblay / Le Devoir: “ The dramatic theater springs create a lock-in effect, absent from Tom at the Farm which it compares that more took off through the fields. But this condensation serves its visceral diving to the intimate. “Lire Full Review
For Nathalie Baye which toured twice with the filmmaker, Xavier Dolan is a “UFO”!
Nathalie Baye Interview