Sunday, December 14, 2014

European Film Awards 2014: Wenders words, Varda … – Screenrush

While the 27th European Film Awards ended on Saturday in Riga with the triumph of Ida Polish film back on the event in some strong quotes collected Screenrush microphone.

The 27th European Film Awards ended on Saturday in Riga, capital of Latvia, by reserving a triumph Ida Polish film, but also rewarding French actress Marion Cotillard.

Back on ” European Oscars “ in some strong quotes collected micro AlloCiné, the President Wim Wenders to the legend Agnes Varda, to Steve McQueen, director of 12 Years a Slave, and Timothy Spall, acclaimed for his role in Mr. Turner.

Wim Wenders, president of the European Film Academy

We started the European Film Awards in a very small way, at a time or there was still a wall in the middle of Europe. Today, Europe is 50 countries that produce films of wealth and an incredible variety. I am very moved to see that this wealth manifests for 27 years through the European Film Awards



Wim Wenders alongside Liv Ullman

Agnes Varda, rewarded for throughout his career

Being rewarded here, it means that in Europe, I exist as a filmmaker. I have calculated I did 60 years of cinema, my first film was in 1954. The longevity, patience, having been consistent with what I wanted to do when I was young, it is maybe it is rewarded. The fact of not having given up compared to my convictions, my idea of ​​cinema … And then there are films that people liked, it’s nice. If they recognize it and give me a price, I will not say no, it’s a gift that makes me happy.



Varda photographers face

Steve McQueen, awarded the Achievement in World Cinema Award

I am European, so be rewarded here is a great pride. I am very honored, and I just take this award with humility.



An honorary award for Steve McQueen

Timothy Spall, Best Actor for his role in “Mr. Turner”:

It’s delicious to be here. It’s a great mix, a fruit basket! There are some wonderful films, different, a wide variety. It’s very nice to be here to represent Mr. Turner , very nice to be part of the celebration of European cinema.



Timothy Spall with its price (right)

Stephane Berla, co-director of “Jack and the mechanical heart”:

Mathias Malzieu and I, for producers Virginie Silla and Luc Besson, this ceremony is an extremely important event, a prestigious recognition. It’s great to think that Jack and the mechanics of the heart is shared with people around the world who have very different sensibilities. We presented the film in Germany, Poland, Armenia, and now in Latvia. It’s great to see how people perceive the film abroad, depending on age, sensitivities, cultures …

Yann Demange, director of “‘ 71 “

It’s amazing to be here. Coming up with ’71, my first film, it’s an honor. During production, we were told that no one could buy it in advance, because it was a British subject … But for us, there was a universal aspect in this film. If the European Film Academy chose is that it is in our view, it considers that this is a European film, not just British. For us it is important, it is an honor to be part of the European community of the film.

The trailer of the film “Ida”, winner of the European Film Awards 2014:

Ida Trailer

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment