After the death of a young man of 21 years during the previous edition and in a full state of emergency, the 17th rendez-vous for fans of electronic music takes place this Saturday, September 24, in an atmosphere more tense than ever.
In a general context of terrorist threats, it is difficult to make the feast. The Techno Parade will still be taking place on Saturday 24 September in the capital, while the state of emergency is still active. The event is organized in spite of everything on a course reduced, and will be surrounded by a device reinforced police.
“A safety device heavy with pre-filtering and circulations cut will be put in place”, said the spokesman for the Prefecture of police, after several meetings with the association for the recognition of electronic music, which organizes the Techno Parade, Technopol.
Consisting of ten floats, the event will be held only on two kilometres, as against five in the previous years. It will start at around 15 hours of the Louvre to reach the place de la Bastille around 19 hours, including through the platforms of Tawing, the Celestins, the pont de Sully, boulevard Henri IV. Note that the tanks will be in place as early as 12 hours along the Seine, quai François-Mitterrand to ensure the atmosphere.
“In a state of emergency, the threat is real, we understand well, but the state of emergency should not be a pretext to cancel, you must continue to live and have some fun! The prefecture hoped for such as us, and guided us perfectly to the Techno Parade takes place,” said Tommy Vaudecrane, president of Technopol.
The last edition had attracted nearly 350,000 people, but it had been marked by a tragedy, the death of a young man 21 years of age. He was killed by falling from the top of the statue of the Republic, that he climbed with his bare hands, cheered on by several people in the crowd. It was the first serious accident of the event since its inception.