Tuesday, May 12, 2015

“Mad Max” – Tom Hardy: “I do not like festivals, but I like … – The Point

Tom Hardy begins to know it for directors “visionaries”. After his classes in the Batman Christopher Nolan and worked for John Hillcoat, author of nightmarish Route , in the western Men without law, Here at the George Miller Mad Max responsible for resurrecting. To succeed in making us forget the blue eyes animal Mel Gibson, it took a lot. Luckily, Miller predicted tons, even sometimes let his actor wonder what he did not care where

The Point.fr. Obviously, you love to wear sadomasochistic masks! That of Mad Max was it more comfortable than that of Bane in The Dark Knight Rises

Tom Hardy: It was worse! This mask was made from a gardening fork and George (Miller) really wanted me to door, like chains, because he did not want an imitation that would have seemed to be plastic. So I wore a steel mask for about seven weeks.

To what do you attribute the success of Mad Max ? Why such a cult for this story speeder?

Because George Miller was first. The first to be asked, and if our society was collapsing, what would happen next? It was he who invented the post-apocalyptic film, also gave birth to the chase movies. And today he took the road where he had left there 35 years and reinvents the road movie. Even if Fast and Furious has done a great job in the genre, George is really the brains behind this. It all started, and returns to start over.

It takes a different kind of filmmakers to achieve this. People like Christopher Nolan and George Lucas, the so-called visionaries. These are people able to return to traditional techniques of making and modernize them, to push them to the end of their possibilities, to give them new life. 90% of what you will see on the screen really happened and not accountable digital effects.

Not too hard to get behind Mel Gibson?

Initially, the response was “if not Mel Gibson not, then this is not Mad Max and I’m not going to see this movie. ” This is a natural reaction and I myself asked the question. But it must be remembered that this is also the Mad Max George Miller. This is his hero, his mythology. I’m not here to compete with Mel Gibson but to serve the vision of George Miller.

What was the most difficult on this shoot?

The challenge was to blend into the environment and give my instrument to play in this gigantic orchestra led by George. Sometimes, the rest of “musicians” was 200 km from me, in the desert, and he had yet to find a way to be in harmony with them. Often I do not even know what was happening! Achieving envision George and give him exactly what he expected of me, stay focused for seven months in variable environments, it was a real challenge.

Content to return to Cannes?

I’m very excited. I had a great time the last time I came (in 2012, for Men without law) . In fact, this is one of the few film festivals that I appreciate because in general I do not like exercise. But Cannes was a wonderful experience, can not wait to put on my tuxedo and wandering on the Croisette.

Now that you have seen the end result, what you like most in this Mad Max: Fury Road

I love the fact that it is ambitious and modern while having been produced in a way quite “old fashioned”. You end up with a film of epic and absolutely relentless action. George Miller did it again. He again pushed the boundaries

Read also: “ Mad Max: Fury Road, as really worth the return of road warrior?”

.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment